It was a really engaging talk with Steve Rutkovitz CEO of Choice CyberSecurity. He is a very successful MSP practitioner specializing in IT Security and Compliance.
We were talking about MSP challenges, strategies, IT consultative sales processes, IT security and compliance opportunities and partnerships, and I learned the following:
- there are surprising similarities between the mainframe to PC era shift and the PC to Cloud era shift
- To become a successful MSP one of the most important traits is having best-in-class partners
- When you move up streams, you have to make sure you are able to manage management type people
- You have to develop a solid marketing / sales engine to teach your clients and prospects
- The Challenger sales is a great way to leverage the natural teacher inside IT managed services providers
- You can sell NIST Cyber Security and Compliance solutions without doing the delivery side
- The business model of selling IT security solutions through a partner
- The best foot-in-the-door tips and tricks to get front of CEOs
- The complete MSP sales process from “access to address” that maintains the IT security issues
- The natural advisory mindset of IT companies and the potential contained within
Thanks to Steve Rutkovitz for the wisdom and the honest, straightforward answers. I believe his thoughts could help IT managed services providers in any size and any maturity. You can bet this won’t be our last discussion with him.